Monday, June 24, 2013

Monroe County, NY Sheriff Deputy Steven Stepnick: "Have a good day" After I Tell Him that a MCSO Deputy Pointed a Gun at Me and My Daughter

By Davy V.
Monroe County, NY Sheriff Deputy Steven Stepnick
Photo by Davy V.

On Sunday June 23rd, I took my daughter to the IHOP restaurant in Henrietta, NY, around 6:30 pm.

As I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed 4 Monroe County, NY Sheriff cruisers also pulling in.

At first I didn't think anything of it, as I figured they were going inside to eat, but then, as I parked, I realized they were there for something else.

As I was getting ready to get out of the car, and get my daughter out of her car seat, I saw two deputies about 50 feet off to my left.

I then noticed one of the deputies putting on his leather gloves, while the second deputy was peering around the corner of the restaurant, looking at an open door near the back of the building,

Having already returned my car off, and not exactly sure what was going on, or if I should even get out of my car or not, I decided to record done video.

As you can see in the first video below, after just a few seconds of recording, I noticed that the second deputy was holding his service weapon, in what appeared to be a shooting stance, and pointing it towards the open door.

Since I had my daughter with me, I stopped recording, turned my car on, and drive away.

As I pulled out of the parking lot, I saw that both deputies were laughing with one another, and the second deputy, who was holding the gun, was waving it around as if simulating shooting, much like kids do when playing cops and robbers, then the deputy pointed the gun at my car, and laughed with his partner, as he looked right at me.
Monroe County, NY Sheriff deputy points gun,
seconds before pointing it at me and my daughter.
Photo by Davy V.

Upset and in complete shock at what I just witnessed, I drove to the McDonald's directly behind the IHOP, all the while thinking what I should do.

I then drove back to the IHOP parking lot, after seeing that whatever situation there had been, was now over, as two different deputies were conversing.

Watch the second video below, as Monroe County, NY Sheriff Zone B deputy Steven Stepnick first walks away, then drives away, as I repeatedly tell him that a MCSO deputy pointed a gun at me and my daughter.

Also in that video, another deputy walks away from me, completely ignoring me when I ask him for his name.

At one point in the video you can hear Deputy Stepnick say "It has nothing to do with me", before telling me to "Have a good day", then driving off.

Apart from the fact that this deputy pointed a gun at my vehicle, with my daughter inside, these deputies put other innocent people, including customers not only at IHOP, but at other nearby restaurants at risk of being seriously hurt, or worse.

Not to mention, innocent children and their parents were enjoying a beautiful day at a go kart and miniature golf attraction, less than 200 feet away.

What if that gun had gone off?


NOTE: I have put in calls to the Monroe County, NY Sheriff's department, but have not received a call back.


Click Play to watch video of Monroe County, NY Sheriff Deputy with gun drawn putting innocent people in danger.




Click Play to watch video of Monroe County, NY Sheriff Deputy Steven Stepnick





Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/davyvara


No comments:

Post a Comment